Wednesday 9 November 2011

A day in the life of my Iphone

After being inspired by Jess Hay's blog on the Journal entry through the eyes of her laptop. I was given the inspiration to try out an object myself as I did it through the eyes of a person before. So here goes...

Monotonously I bleep until finally she realises that she has to actually get up out of bed and turn me off. I just don't understand why she sets 5 alarms in the morning when she is woken up by the first bleep. I watch her fumble through her morning routine (which is always the same) until she unplugs me and hides me somewhere safe. Although, I know as soon as she is out of the house she will take me out to see if she has received any emails or tweets. She is so predictable in the mornings but I can tell she isn't fully awake until her morning cup of tea. She is like a zombie until then. She gets so intrigued when I have new emails and always hopes from something exciting but I can tell this morning was the usual rush of groupon vouchers for hair cuts. Eventually we make it to the train station where I am joined by my good friend the oyster card. And for the entire 1 hour journey we are never parted. It's nice to catch up with fellow oyster card but sometimes we get a bit too close. During the journey Elise passes her time by locking and unlocking the home screen to see if anything exciting has happened, even though it is blatantly obvious there is no signal on the underground.
Finally, we arrive at rehearsals and I get a rest while she rehearses.. I enjoy watching her attempt different scenes and uses trial and error to improve them and even though it doesn't work out every time she seems to learn from her mistakes. From this I can see how much here job means to her and she even encroaches into her lunch time to make sure she finishes that scene. When I received a missed call from the Hurricane Office, Elise looked extremely worked and kept trying to create scenarios of why they were calling. She looked so panicked and when she eventually plucked up the courage to call them back, she realised all the worrying was for no reason as it was a simple question of  ' do you this person'. After that I was placed back in the bag to recover from being squeezed with tension.
I always know when it is Lunch time form the abrupt snatching out of the back and the instant cluching and speedy dash to the store. I love this time of day as I get to meet up with my old friend Ms Purse. We never catch up very often, only during rehearsals. However,  I was shocked to see Ms Purse looking a bit on the thin side, Elise must not have been paid yet, I feel so sorry for her when she doesn't have enough money as her whole persona is down in the dumps and is very careful with everything she wears.
I was relieved when rehearsals started back up again as I was put on the side and got to observe Elise's rehearsals an performances. She is developing her character, but  she seems to be stressing and therefore confusing herself. Keeping calm is something for her to keep in mind, it works for me! I was a little upset when Elise was told to treat the rehearsal like a performance as this is sometimes hard to do when you haven't got an audience, especially when its very interactive. Although, she should keep her stamina up, even though it was her third performance of the day without an audience with two more times to perform it. I could tell she was tired, but I feel she sometimes doesn't give it her all as she is scared to be herself (well I should know because I get all the gossip behind closed doors). I am guessing she doesn't want to be better than her sister as Seren got the job first.
The journey home wasn't as playful and interesting as usual as she spent the trip home discussing possible presenting ideas. I was a little annoyed at this as I had waited for Elise all day and then she just left me in her bag! It annoys me that she is constantly working - her mind is never at rest which I find weird because even as her Iphone, I get time off.  The best part of the day for me was the evening as it was spent catching up with friends and parents. It is so exciting to finally be useful and i could tell that Elise was enjoying hearing from loved ones. It is nice for her to stay in touch with those she doesn't see very often. Bed time was finally here, where I was plugged back into the wall and set for 7 am with five different alarms.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa! Thanks for mention and I am so happy it helped. This is great! What is it you are working towards at the moment? I hope you are not too stressed. This post from your iphone has clearly worked as it is real, truthful and has made me worried about you. How did you feel after writing it? I know I felt strangely free, pleased with myself and actually quite good about everything. Will be interesting to compare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey

    I felt really strange as well but in a way that now I could see how others view me. This was a particularly busy day and I was so tired. It's weird as I feel my thoughts and feelings are not just my burden, its also my Iphone's as it goes through the day with me. If I did another object it would be completely different. Thank you for worrying about me - I am fine, but it means that another point of view of my life has worked in the sense that you believe the objects thoughts.
    Looking back and reflecting on what I have written, it has made me feel relieved and positive about how my rehearsals are going. it's funny how a little bit of reflection can change your thoughts on something.

    ReplyDelete