Monday 14 November 2011

Learning cycle

I was just thinking about my rehearsal tomorrow and what it entailed. I have to perform the panto for all the other groups who are learning it this week! This made me think about Kolb's learning cycle. I struggled to understand the concept of it and how it works for me but today I realised that his cycle is used everyday in rehearsals but in a less complicated form. By performing my show to other members of the cast I have entered the learning process at this stage of rehearsals at concrete experience as i am learning from doing! However because i already know the script and blocking i am learning using Abstract conceptualisation because I will be learning from the experience! Also the audience members will be entering the cycle at Abstract conceptualisation because they are Learning from the experience as well. I will then be given notes and feedback where I will continue to follow the cycle around! It seems complicated but as soon as you understand it, it all seems so simple. Which brings me back to the point of knowledge and learning experience as I didn't understand the cycle, I couldn't learn from it and therefore gain knowledge but now I have learnt from the cycle and understand it and have a conscious idea of it I can now gain experience an knowledge from it. Basically all learning is a cycle- bigger than kolb's - because we are constantly learning from experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment