Wednesday 9 November 2011

My performance Graph

During a performance of A Pirate's Adventure, I decided to record my feelings down. This graph shows my nerves, concentration and performance levels.
I wanted to see how my nerves and concentration affected my performance and from the graph you can see it does. My nerves at the beginning of the show boosted my performance levels but as my nerves became less I became more confident and i became more involved in the character and show meaning that my concentration levels were stronger. My performance levels and concentration levels almost mirror each other showing to create a strong performance you have to be focused. However, from this graph I can tell that this wasn't one of my best performances as my performance level wasn't at 100% for the majority of the performance and this was because I wasn't fully focused and therefore not developing into the character and giving my all.  Also my nerve levels were higher than usual creating a strange balance between all factors, meaning I could have been over trying. I completely agree with this chart as, although it was good and strong performance it wasn't one of the best I have done. I will have to analyse my next performance to compare.

4 comments:

  1. Hi lisa,
    I was wondering if you know why your performance level wasn't any higher that day? As an actress, do you find it easy to get in to character and become fully absorbed with the role or do outside factors contribute to your performance?
    This is an interesting graph, and like you I have found it so enjoyable to see my feelings in the form of a graph. It puts it there in black and white for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lisa,
    I was just wondering if you possibly know the reason that your performance level wasn't at it's highest on this day? Do you find it easy to get in to character or do you find external factors can affect your performance?
    Like you, I have really enjoyed doing my journal in the form of graph. It shows you your thoughts and feelings in a very honest and unapologetic way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lisa. Looking at the graph your concentration and performance levels drop quite sigificantly during the interval (as is normal). It makes me wonder whether it is worth trying out some method acting and staying in character throughout the interval to maintain the high level or concentration and possibly increase it? I have never done this myself but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey all

    Thank you for the lovely comments. I guess outside factors do contribute. With this show it is very interactive with the audience and they weren't very responsive that day which I found made it difficult to perform to. I shouldn't let this effect my performance so will try staying in character over the interval to see what changes and also use some method acting, so no matter what the audience's response is, I will be able to keep my energy going.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete