Thursday 16 February 2012

My line of Inquiry

My line of Inquiry is ' What determines a successful career in the performance Industry?'

Sub questions

    • How difficult is it to run your own Company?
    • How would having my own Company affect my acting career?
    • Would a Company increase my chances of work?
    • Can we appear in more than one section of the Industry i.e. presenting and acting - own business and acting?
    • Do we need to train to be successful in the Industry?
    • What are the benefits of training?
    • Should we rely on luck or do we make our own?
    • Do have a variety of skills to be a presenter?
    • Can you be Multi-disciplined?
    • Hoe easy is it to break into a different area of the Industry?
    • How different is Presenting to other disciplines?
    • Do we need Agents to get us work?
    • If so, can one Agent get me work in all disciplines?
    • Is it possible to break into the industry as a duo?
    • Can working with my sister be a plus or a minus?
    • Do people like to see diversity?
    • How do Celebrities make it into the Industry?


These questions are just outlines for further debate and research.

3 comments:

  1. Do you already know any of the 'answers' to these possible sub-questions? Can they be grouped in any way to bring out points in common?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into this further to develop the questions and find common trends. I am finding it difficult to come to come decisions about what my Inquiry is on as I have so many ideas. However finding answers to what i already know might help. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - thanks for booking a 'tutorial' and going over these inquiry questions at length - hopefully it allowed you to think them through and group them in order to be able to focus enough to plan an inquiry - with aims and objectives , activities and a solid practitioner research element. The work within your collaborative company sounds really interesting - using co-creation and learning how to produce performance projects. Looking forward to your plans.

    ReplyDelete