Wednesday 7 March 2012

Award Title

After days of debating I have finally come up with an award title.

I wanted something that covered everything I want to do in the future. I want to have my own production company, choreograph, teach, perform and present but how do you put all of this under one title. It suggests in the Module Handbook that Your award title should reflect your knowledge and expertise and you should think carefully about it in relation to your future career development. I wanted to make sure that the title I chose would represent everything I wish to pursue in the future and this is exactly what has been suggested in the Handbook.

After speaking with friends and other professionals I came tot he conclusion that I need to keep my award title broad enough to cover all my topics but narrow enough to keep me focused. I read through a few books to try and find something that took my interest and I have discovered that the best route would be to relate my award title to my Inquiry.

I ultimately want my own production company which will require management from myself and others around me. Being able to produce an entire show and keep everything flowing can be tedious and difficult but it is all to do with the production side of things .I also feel that performance is vital as an actress and even when directing. Performance gives everything its final edge and that is what makes a show what is is. However the actor portrays the character is the performance. However, I wanted to keep it as personal to me as I can and as I have an aspiration to make it as a presenter, I feel that it would benefit me to keep it as a hot topic. Presenting has become something quite useful in my life, as it helps you to be yourself and work as a public speaker. It gives you the confidence to be happy with yourself.

My award title
BA (Hons) Professional Practice in Performance, Production and Presenting.

1 comment: