Saturday 17 March 2012

Professional Ethics 5B

Ethics :-  system of moralprinciples. The rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.:medical ethics; Christian ethics.

My professional community is based within a company called White Desert Production. I work as an actor with this company as well as a training Theatre Director and a co-creator. It is a brilliant place to start with my Inquiry as I am working my way to the top. It is also a New Company with a lot of potential. However, because it is a young company, it has a lot of professional ethics that need to be followed to keep it creating a good re-pore with colleagues, clients, theatres and many others. I will use this company as my place of work as as that is where I will be spending the majority of my time.

Looking at the code of Ethics for Companies, I can clearly see that I was being extremely general with my assumptions and that there are many more ethics and legislation obligations in place. There is mot just one type of ethics to follow, they vary at your position within the company. So if you were the Director of the Company, it your job to create the ethics for others to adhere to and follow them yourself. Whilst an actor employed by the company would have their respectful ethics towards those employing them.

When working for a company you are often given a contract to sign which will have stated the professional ethics that are to be follow. Such as punctuality, presentation and respect. It is vital to abide by these ethics otherwise you will be breaching the contract, however, the unwritten ethics are often more complex to acknowledge. These include:-

reliability
trustworthy
confidentiality
honesty
courtesy
friendly

It is important to consider the Professional ethics within a Business  because of the environment I work in I will need to acknowledge this. These are much more specific towards a Company but are beneficial to  anyone.

time management
understanding
efficiency
morals

There is a difference between the morals we are brought up with and ethics that need to be followed but they both help each other out. If you have morals you are more likely to understand the reason for professional ethics and are likely to proceed further into your career.

http://www.ecgi.org/codes/documents/ica_coe_en.pdf

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ethics

http://www.acm.org/about/code-of-ethics

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/code_of_practice_for_perfor1.pdf

1 comment:

  1. Yes - that idea of 'never assume' for professional standards applies when looking at what I tend to call 'paperwork' - so do you draw up contracts or documents of memorandum with the schools etc. that you company visits?

    How does that differ from the inquiry ethics you will use doing your inquiry - prompt here for informed consent' ?

    ReplyDelete