Tuesday 27 March 2012

Award Title

After having a discussion with Paula, we came to the conclusion that my award title was too long and not specific enough. Looking at it now, i can see this is true, however, I have found it difficult to shorten it. I want to keep it with the production side of it because, i feel that this will be extremely beneficial when setting up a business, but also the performance side will assist my current work and also lets others know I was or am in the industry.

Therefore I have shortened my Award title to

Ba (Hons) Professional Practice in Performance and Production


what are your opinions on this?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lisa.
    Thank you for your comments on my last post i agree with you totally that we have lots of areas of cross over in our chosen fields.
    I really like your proposed Award title it does what it says on the tin and leaves you enough room for maneuver within your possible forward career choices (presenting/business in performing arts).
    I think that i shall present a similar title as my other proposed ones have been turned down as too far removed from the training i have done thus far (irrespective of what would be useful for me for my future career). Your Title could help bridge this gap, thank you for your awesome suggestion.
    I have always really enjoyed reading your Blogs and I will attempt to join your SIG group as we lots to discuss.
    Speak soon
    Stay safe - Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an extra thought.
    I agree, to some extent, with Paula's earlier comments that using both 'Production and Presenting' might make your Award Title a little less catchy (although it did fully reflect your background, areas of interest and help your career going forward, and probably would have taken the reader only an extra 0.3 seconds to read).
    I'm interested to know what was your rationale behind choosing Production over Presenting for your Award Title?
    Stay safe - Phil

    ReplyDelete