Saturday 10 March 2012

5a

Trying to look at the ethics of my professional community I can see that there are many 'unwritten rules'. When you go into a professional community they don't hand you a list of ethics they give you Healthy and safety instead. Yes, that is vitally important too, but how you treat someone is more so, because how you and others are treated is imperative to whether you work well together.

Everyone has a different view on what is right and wrong and we all step out of line sometimes but ethics are guidelines there to follow to keep us on track. If we choose to ignore them, then we know about it. Also right and wrong is not always as simple as black and white, we choose which path we choose and what we see as right or wrong and it is very personal to us.

The way I have been brought up, I have been taught to treat others how I wish to be treated! however, now I am older, I realise this isn't completely true. I have discovered that not everyone understands ethics and even when most people abide by this 'unwritten rules' others choose to ignore them. These are more personal ethics like, respect for others but I feel that this is vital for professional ethics

Professional ethics include things like confidentiality, responsibility and honesty. Within my professional community these are the  mutual ethics between Director and actor/presenter which creates a better working community.

These are somethings that we individually need to put in like
Punctuality
politeness
Attitude
presentation
Respect
organisation
equality

However, we can not solely rely on good ethics to get us work. Our industry is very discriminating for minor things like sex, age, height so it can be difficult to see the point of being professional. But we must keep up our professional ethics because as soon as we step out of line there is someone waiting to take our place.

I think that Personal ethics create professional ethics

No comments:

Post a Comment