Friday 30 September 2011

You want me to play a Pirate?

Swashbuckling, whippersnapper of an adventure! I am now going to be a Pirate! Well a very comedic, outrageous almost Dame like Pirate! I can not wait.
 After a week of trying to learn my lines with no idea what I had let myself in for, I was stressing out! With so many lines being almost the same I was really struggling.
On Tuesday I was given the opportunity to watch one of the shows! Even though it is aimed at children- I was in stitches. The characters were so dynamic and energetic and everyone was having such a great time! I couldn't wait to be apart of it. The Pirate life is better than they make out, especially a TIE tour adventure with Pirates!

Then it was my turn!

My turn to transform into a Pirate.

I was so nervous as I was the only 'NEWBIE' and everyone else knew exactly what they were doing. I jumped into character and tried to impersonate what I had seen before. However, I quickly realised that I needed to develop my own version of the character. I made 'Mrs Hawkins' Welsh! It made it more of a dynamic character and more individual to me. I was so proud of myself when I managed to make the cast laugh with my entrance dance!
Half way through my first rehearsal, a new guy came in who also had their first rehearsal today! Although he hadn't had his script before had. Finally I didn't feel like the odd one out any more and I rose to the challenge to help him out in the scenes. This really helped me as the pressure was off me to get it right and I slipped into character and was trying new things each time we ran the scenes! It was also really good practice to rehearsal with someone else as they play different intentions.
At the end of the day the cast were pleased with my progress and I was so glad that another guy came in and took the pressure off me! Even though I did feel sorry for him. I do need another rehearsal but at least I was welcomed into the group and we all had a fantastic evening gathering to get to know each other! Can't wait to start the tour!!

No comments:

Post a Comment