Monday 26 September 2011

Waiting for the Call On - Show Time

I was a little but nervous I have to admit, especially in such a intimate space and this did effect my first performance. I ended up tripping myself up on my entrance and this meant there was no connection between us as characters through out the entire scene. However, practice does make perfect and it was probably first night nervous, which turned into second night blues.... I am only joking! The performances were a bit flat but we could work on that.

I had a few notes :
           try not to shout
           show the realisation of you finding out what Sam is hiding
           don't call for Sam like a dog
          find more of a connection between you both

These are challenging notes but achievable if you put the effort in! That is just what we did! Even though on the final performance in our first venue we mucked up our lines and I ended up saying this huge monologue to try and get to a part in the play where we could get back to the script with the audience still following the story.

By the time we were at our final venue we hit our peak and created such a connection between us. I learnt not to bark like a dog and to let the emotion speak with me. This made it a lot easier to understand each other thus creating a realistic discovery of what Sam was hiding.

It was an amazing experience and I have learnt so much and I hope that this has strengthened my as an actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment