Wednesday 9 May 2012

Critical Reflection




I have found this Module harder to nurture because it is all about self development which is a large step forward form Module 1. I needed to expand my knowledge of my career path to find my own line of inquiry. (APPENDIX 1) I wanted to use my experiences within the Industry to support my Inquiry but be versatile in my pursuits so my company would be varied. After writing down all my thoughts and ideas (APPENDIX 2) I began to see some shape and after many conversations with fellow colleagues and advisors, I managed to group my findings into categories and found that everything links in. (APPENDIX 3)
I feel that my knowledge and skills have developed to a competent level to pursue my inquiry and keep involved with the significant amount of work. The most important part, for me was discovering the tools like my SIG which served as a useful platform for discussions to find a suitable line of inquiry.
The pilot reviews gave me the opportunity to try out different tools within the performing industry. I pushed my boundaries by putting myself into situations I am not used to. Interviewing was a difficult process, especially when interviewing elder, more experienced people. However, I gain valuable experience from using these tools. Looking at the different types of social media has given me the opportunity to expand my networks. I feel that this is a vital way to keep a business working in the current economic climate. I have discovered new sites like Tumblr, which may help aspects of my inquiry line.
Ethics have come to my attention many times during the development of my Inquiry and I feel that they are imperative. They give you a guideline to follow to keep everyone in check. Without ethics we become immoral and self-centred and will not progress to where we wish to be. I have discovered that I need the help of others to complete my inquiry and this is only possible if I abide by my ethics and follow data protection laws.
My case study on sword fighting will allow me to see how a company can develop within the industry and how the skill had evolved to thrive within the industry. (APPENDIX 4) I feel that the case study will benefit my research as it will give me a deeper understanding of how the industry works.
The issue that challenged me the most was the decision of my award title. (APPENDIX 5) I found it difficult to find a title that expressed exactly what I wanted to do.  However, I have had very helpful feedback from my advisor who has given me valid points. I need to make sure that I can determine the size of my inquiry that I can complete it in the time available. I must make sure I am precise in carrying out the inquiry and I should try to obtain qualitative data so that with all this information I will develop my inquiry throughout Module three. 

No comments:

Post a Comment